1. said / saying 2. sought / seeking 3. sent / sending 4. shook / shaking 5. shone / shining 6. shot / shooting 7. shrank / shrinking 8. shut / shutting 9. sank / sinking 10. slid / sliding pg
55 1. choir 2. class 3. company 4. crew 5. crowd 6. red 7. solid 8. graceful 9. sharp 10. hungry pg 56 1. in 2. from 3. with 4. into 5. at 6. off from 7. into 8. with / of 9. in 10. on 11. on 12. at 13. from 14. at 15. in 16. beside 17. at 18. in front of 19. at 20. into
pg 57 1. in the 2. neatly 3. on 4. lettuce 5. of
pg 58 1. the students are in the ward of the hospital 2. they are at the ward because they are visiting Jaafar who had admitted into the hospital. 3. Jaafar was knocked down by a car. 4. Nisha is holding a bouquet of flowers in her hands. 5. Jaafar is feeling better when his friends come to visit him.
pg 59. 1. The old man wanders in the park with a crook 2. the children took the boxes up the hill last week. 3. the boy installs a toy aeroplane. 4. The girls perform on the platform. 5. the girl enjoys playing on the swing. 6. Lily has dinner with her family. 7. the student re-arranges the books in the library. 8. The students are giving a bouquet of flowers to their teachers. 9. The fish swishes its tail in the pond. 10. The boys throw the ball in the field.
pg 61. 1. should scream as loudly as you can 2. plate number 3. do not chase the snatch thief 4. get help from 5. should report to the police.
pg 62. 1. Lili called the policeman on a telephone in the living room. 2. She saw a fat thief. 3. She went into the living quickly. 4. The thief went into the cleanest room. 5. the thief stole some gold as quiet as a mouse. 6. Eventually, the policeman caught the fat thief. 7. When she walked to the living room, she saw a thief. 8. After the policeman caught the thief, Lily’s father complimented her. 9. In order to catch the thief, Lily called the policeman. 10. The thief stole not only some money but also some jewelry.
pg 64. 1. Last night, lily noticed a thin thief in the living room. the thief packed some money into a big bag. 2. Lily quickly used the telephone. She informed the police station as quiet as a mouse. 3. THe inspector came to arrest the thin thief. Lily’s father complimented the girl.
pg 67 1. smell / smelt / smelling 2. sped / speeding 3. spent / spending 4. spilled / spilling 5. spoilt / spoiling 6. spread / spreading 7. stole / stealing 8. stung / stinging 9. struck / striking 10. swore / swearing
pg 68 1. gang 2. party 3. bunch 4. posse 5. servant 6. alike 7. proud 8. sweet 9. fast 10. light
pg 69 1. in 2. to 3. from 4. at 5. into 6. in 7. on 8. in 9. in 10. in 11. for 12. on 13. from / to 14. for 15. into 16. on 17. by 18. beside 19. across 20. around
pg 70. 1. and 2. of 3. are 4. visitors 5. flamingoes
pg 71 1. Jason and his brohter are in the garden 2. They are looking at some beautiful flowers 3. Desmond is screaming because there is a snake nearby. 4. Jason used a stick to hit the snake until it was dead. 5. Jason is brave and bold.
1. The boy blew the candles yesterday.
2. The newspaper vendors delivered the newspaper.
3. The woman made a report yesterday.
4. The people waited for the bus just now.
5. The people clapped their hands at the wedding ceremony just now.
6. The nurse guided the old man into the ambulance.
7. The kite flew up in the sky just now.
8. The woman served some food on the desk just now.
9. The animal grazed on the hill just now.
10. The girl assited her mother in the kitchen just now.
1. a flowring plant
2. has five petals
3. has colours such as red, yellow, orange
1. Ali walks to school every day because his school is near his house.
2. He sees a dog in his neighbour’s house.
3. The dog is barking loudly at him.
4. He goes into his neighour’s house.
5. In a blink of eyes, he sees his neigbhour laying down at the door,
6. He uses the phone to call the ambulance.
7, WHen he was walking to schoo, he saw a thief in the living room.
8. After he walks to the living room, the thief has gone.
9. In order to help his neigbhour, he doesn’t want go to school,.
10. He sees the door is not only open his neighbour but also laying on the floor.
1. It was a fine day, Ali strolled to school. Suddenly, he saw a dog woofing near the fence
2. Ali rushed to his neighbour’s house. He realised that the door was open.
3. Then, he saw his neighbour lying on the floor. He quickly picked up the telephone to inform the hospital.