Based on “How I Met Myself by David A. Hill”, write about a character that shows determination (perseverance / persistence)
Provide evidence from the text to support your answer.
Based on “How I Met Myself” by David A. Hill, a character that showed determined was John Taylor.
– A man rushed into John at Felka Utca.
– The man looked alike as John.
– John Taylor was determined to follow and find the man.
– He followed the man to Zsolt’s cafe in Gergely utca.
– He looked for the man in the cafe.
– He asked the cafe’s owner whether he saw anybody there.
– He tottered to the toilet to investigate.
– He was in vain in the cafe.
– He did not surrender. He kept on going to Felka utca after his routine work daily. He waited patiently at number 7 Felka utca. He hoped to meet the man again.
– He went to each flat at Felka utca. He checked all the names beside the doorbells for each flat.
– Furthermore, he visited the cafe in Gergely utca every night. However, no good news had been found.
– He went to Felka utca with Andrea. He asked the housekeeper whether she knew any man who looked like him. Unfortunately, the housekeeper did not realize anybody.
– Even though he was in vain, John did not lose hope.
– John was determined to find out about any related incident that happened on 18 January.
– He went to Budapest City Library. He learnt that a mother and her child who died in an explosion in Gergely utca. The explosion happened on 18 January 1945. The mother’s name ws Mrs. Szabo.
– Upon learning about Mrs. Szabo, he went to Gergely utca.
– He went to Felka utca. He met a man named Mr. Szabo but it was not the right guy.
– Then, he met with Mrs. Fischer who told John that his face looked exactly like Janos.
– 18 January was an important date.
– John read many old newspaper.
– On 18 January 1945, a mother and her child died in an explosion in Gergely utca.
– He met with Mrs Fischer.
– Firstly, John learnt about Janos Szabo.
– Secondly, Janos had a wife and daugther was Kati. They died in an explosion in Gergely utca.
– Thirdly, she told Joh that his face looked like Janos.
– John and Janos were born on 23 October.
– John’s determination helped him to solve the mystery of his doppelganger. He believed that every cloud has a silver lining. His doppelganger saved Andrea and Kati from a terrible explosion.