Based on “How I Met Myself by David A. Hill”, write about a character that shows determination (perseverance / persistence)
Provide evidence from the text to support your answer.
Based on “How I Met Myself” by David A. Hill, a character that showed determined was John Taylor.
– A man ran into John at Felka utca.
– The man looked like John.
– John followed the man to Zsolt’s cafe.
– He looked for the man in the cafe.
– He could not find the man.
– He did not give up.
– He went to Felka utca and Gergely after work every day.
– He hoped to meet the man again.
– The man never showed up.
– He went to Felka utca with Andrea.
– They could not find any man who looked like John.
– John Taylor was determined to know why he met the man.
– He learnt that the man who looked like him was his doppelganger.
– his doppelganger wanted to give John a message.
– He met his doppelganger on 18 January from his diary.
– 18 January was an important date.
– John read many old newspaper.
– On 18 January 1945, a mother and her child died in an explosion in Gergely utca.
– He met with Mrs Fischer.
– Firstly, John learnt about Janos Szabo.
– Secondly, Janos had a wife and daugther was Kati. They died in an explosion in Gergely utca.
– Thirdly, she told Joh that his face looked like Janos.
– John and Janos were born on 23 October.
– John was determined