Skip to content
- Speeches are usually addressed to a certain group of people. They are given at various functions such as at dinners, school functions, meetings and parties.
- Speech must be interesting enough to attract the attention of the audience. Be clear and to the point.
- Use the correct format when writing the speech.
- Remember to use simple language and short sentences. If you use long sentences, you will tend to make more grammatical mistakes.
- Long sentences may also confuse the audience or make them lose interest after a while.
- When you begin your speech, you must greet your audience and mention the occasion you are speaking at.
- Write down the points that you wish to include in your speech.
- Think carefully about how you can best put forward your ideas.
- A good introduction and conclusion can make your speech more interesting.
- At the end of the speech, be sure to thank your audience. A simple “Thank you” will do.
- Edit your writing. Read and reread to correct any mistakes in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: