The Interact Club of your school would like to raise funds for a student who needs to undergo an operation. Write to the principal seeking permission to hold a series of fund-raising activities in school. Your letter must be written in between 120 and 150 words. Include the following information in your letter.
- Background of the student
- Activities – selling snacks during recess
- Money in safe keeping of teacher
- Treasurer to keep accounts
- Collection to be presented to family
16-2 Jalan Puteri 2/5,
123 Jalan 456,
Johor Darul Takzim. 3 April 20xx
Poor Condition and Services of the Town Library
I am writing this letter to draw your attention to the poor condition and services of the Town Library.
- XX First, the collections of library books magazines need to be expanded and improved upon. The books are outdated and the library is not stocked with the latest titles .There aren’t any reference books, only revision books aimed at passing examinations for secondary school students.
3.XX Second, the librarians are unhelpful. To quote just one example, when asked for help to find a title, one librarian was quite indifferent. She just pointed to the computer. Surely, librarians should be more willing to assist users. Another librarian was not even sure of the location of the books herself.
- XX Third, the activities organised by the library are boring. There is only one activity – storytelling for children. It follows the same format that has been going on since I was in primary one. Someone reads a story. Children sit around on the floor and try to crane their necks to look at the illustrations the reader points fro the book. For children, many activities can be organised. “School’s Out” activities related to creating interest in various kinds of hobbies can be organised.
5.XX The one objective of a public library is to encourage the public to use it as frequently as possible; not to put out them off. I hope that the relevant authorities will look into the matter.
You are unpleasant about the condition and services of the town library. You decided to write a letter to Chairman of the Town Council to complain about the unsatisfactory condition and services of the public library.
Write your letter based on the notes you have made below: –
- books outdated
- unhelpful libraries
- boring activities and layout
- Format: Formal letter
Elaborate the points given: –
Paragraph 1: –
- How are they outdated?
- What books are available?
Paragraph 2: –
- What did they do?
Paragraph 3: –
- What are the activities?
- Why are they boring?
Paragraph 4: –
- What is it like?
- How should it be like?
Emphasize the urgency of the matter.
You are a resident of Taman Mastertuition. After a discussion with the other residents, you
Continue reading “A Letter to Complain about the Rubbish Problem”